Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fish Patties


This is the second time I’ve made these patties but I used tinned tuna (because we only had tuna in the pantry) instead of salmon which turns out just the same. My version was inspired from a recipe from http://www.taste.com.au/
  • 1kg potatoes
  • 500g tinned tuna (drain liquid)
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 carrot, finely cubed
  • Couple of handfuls of frozen peas
  • Couple of handfuls of canned corn kernels
  • Dried breadcrumbs 
 Boil potatoes and mash. Add tuna, egg yolks, carrots (which I microwaved for 90 seconds to soften), peas and carrots and mix together. I used an ice cream scoop to make 24 even portions. Shape into patties and cover with breadcrumbs. You may wish to refrigerate for a couple of hours, but you can pan fry until golden brown if you wish to eat them straight away (like me). I tend not to season with salt and pepper (mainly because I forget) but a little seasoning or a sprinkle of herbs will add a wow factor (ok, perhaps not wow, it's only fish patties afterall).
I’ve served the patties on a bed of couscous for lunch, eaten on its own with a little chutney, or like any Chinese household, can be eaten with rice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment