Monday, April 18, 2011

Spinach, Ricotta and Feta Filo Pie

I woke up early on Saturday morning and made a spinach/ricotta/feta pie from a recipe I found on http://www.taste.com.au/ I bought the ingredients a couple of weeks ago and had to make it before the low fat ricotta passed its use by date. It required the zest of a lemon, so from my last post, there is still 3 lemons remaining minus one with zest!

Squeezing out the liquid from the frozen spinach was a really messy job and I probably should have spent more time at it but I was making a green liquid mess not to mention the bits of spinach going everywhere! I mixed everything in the bowl, and then layered 4 pieces of filo pastry (it's tricky to handle the thin pastry) and folded it in half so there was 8 layers which is what the recipe required. I cut the filo into quarters and lined the filo into a Texan muffin tray. I then scoped the spinach mixture into the casing and popped it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
 

I love eating things straight from the oven (though my Chinese upbring keeps nagging me that it is too"heaty") but nothing beats the taste of freshly baked goodies from the oven. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment