Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bill Granger's Madeleines

Here is another recipe from Bill Granger's 'Bill's Basic" cookbook which is fast becoming one of my favourite cook books. I have a soft spot for Bill ever since I read that Keanu Reeves (my future husband, he just doesn't know it yet) frequented Bill's when he was filming the Matrix trilogy in Sydney. Since the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, I better start perfecting Bill's recipes for Keanu!

My favourite non slip mixing bowl

Madeleines are light in texture and absolutely divine. Although I love the Kitchen Aid, I find hand whisking rather satisfying. Grease a madeleine tray, dust with plain flour and shake off excess. Melt 100g of butter, mix 2 tablespoons of of golden syrup and allow to cool. In a separate bowl, whisk 2 eggs with half a cup of castor sugar until the mixture thickens. Gently fold half a cup of sifted plain flour and 1 teaspoon of baking powder. Spoon mixture into tray and cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Everything looks even better with a dusting with sifted icing sugar. Makes 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment