Monday, July 11, 2011

Nigella Lawson's Chocolate Orange Loaf


I've been busy with a few activities for the past few weekends, but I managed to bake this cake on Sunday morning before I headed off to yum cha at Shark Fin House. The recipe is from Nigella Lawson's "Kitchen"and it turned out pretty well in cake terms, but not how it was intended! My batter did not curdle (even though it was suppose to) and the cake did not sink and have a gooey centre (perhaps I left it in the oven for too long?). I recommend using the best cocoa powder you can find because it really makes a difference. I've fallen in love with muscovado sugar, so use it instead of brown sugar, trust me, it's worth it!


Are orchids suppose to be blooming in the middle of winter? Despite the icing conditions (winds from Antarctica are never pleasant!) Melbourne has had some lovely sunny days. Above is a photo taken last week from the office on the 41st floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment