Monday, September 19, 2011

Savoury Muffins


I'm been enjoying the great outdoors the past couple of weeks hence I haven't been cooking or crafting as much. On Saturday I walked from Heidelberg to Eltham Train Station with a Meetup walking group. It was suppose to be 17km, but after heading in the wrong direction (3 times) we ended up covering 19.1km! The previous Saturday we walked from Darling Train Station to Federation Square in the cold (6*C) and rain and covered 12km. Needless to say, I've been a bit tired but feel fantastic.

Mum and I baked these muffins on Sunday since I complained that the blueberry and raspberry muffins we usually make are no longer exciting. The savoury muffin is super easy and very tasty.

  • 2 cups of plain flour
  • 200g shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 4 tablespoons of corn kernels
  • 1/2 red capcisum (chopped)
  • 4 spring onions (chopped)
  • 200 shaved ham (chopped)
Mix everything together and scoop generously into muffin tins. We ended up making 9 Texan sized muffins and the aroma was just mouth watering.

No comments:

Post a Comment