Monday, February 13, 2012

Betty Crocker's Whoopie Pie



The Australian's monthly Wish magazine (which is always filled with gorgeous male models - but that's not why I read it... really) compiled a list of trends to look out for in 2012. Shock horror - cupcakes and macarons are out, and whoopie pies are in so I had to see what the fuss is all about.

I have quite a few whoopie pie recipes from Hummingbird Bakery's Cake Days which calls for marshmellow fluff which I haven't been able to find in Melbourne, so I settled for Betty Crocker's Whoopie Pie mix even though I am a bit of a snob when it comes to pre-packaged mixes.

The instructions are easy to follow and all you need is water, oil and one egg for the cake mix, and milk for the filling to complete the whoopie pies.

Verdict: the cake had a rich chocolate flavour, but I was a bit underwhelmed with the filling but overall, a quick and easy treat to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment