Friday, February 17, 2012

Sweet Stitches From The Heart - Cross Stitched Linen Tea Towel


I recently discovered a wonderful shop called Est located in Auburn Road, Hawthorn which is filled with lovely goodies like linen, hand carved wooden stamps and twine. I bought a Russian linen tea towel which was just begging to be embellished!


I used waste canvas for the first time, and was a little apprehensive as I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to remove the canvas once the cross stitch was complete. Never fear! Just spray some water to soften the canvas, fray the fibres and use tweezers to remove the strands. It couldn't be easier so now I'm thinking of all the things I could cross stitch with waste canvas!


The pattern is from Sweet Stitches from the Heart by Agnes Delage-Calvey and Anne Sohier Fournel who can do no wrong when it comes to cross stitch patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment