Friday, May 4, 2012

Knitted Beanies for KOGO


In anticipation of my annual beanie knitting season, I bought four balls of Panda’s multi-coloured Magnum yarn from Clegs during the sale last year, and at A$1.95 per ball, it was great value! The cooler weather is always a stark reminder that there are members of our community who need support especially during the colder months, and since I like to knit, I might as well do something worthwhile when I’m watching TV.



I have been knitting children size beanies for the past month, eager to see how the beanies turn out using the colourful yarn. I have been following the easy 8 ply stocking stitch beanie pattern from KOGO, mainly because it is the only pattern I can understand as my knitting skills are pretty rudimentary. I can knit 2 beanies from a 100gm ball of yarn, with a little left over which can be knitted into squares to form a blanket. KOGO supports over 100 organisations, and according to their April newsletter which I subscribe to, they have already distributed over 10,000 hand knitted items this year (compared to 4,700 for the same time period in 2011). So if you can knit or crochet, contribute to this worthy cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment