Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Sequin Baubles


Not that we celebrate Christmas, but I like all things Christmas – traditional carols, Bing Crosby’s White Christmas, shortbread, colourful decorations and candy canes. I made these baubles a few years ago and it is an inexpensive and therapeutic craft – well, I’m not sure about you, but stabbing pins into Styrofoam balls is therapeutic for me!




Insert a bead into a pin before slipping on a sequin. I like to dip the pin into some PVA glue for extra hold before I pin the bead/sequin into the Styrofoam. I’ve followed a striped and random placement of colourful sequins, ensuring the sequins overlap a little to cover the Styrofoam. Finish off with a bow and ribbon loop to hang the bauble (or other Styrofoam shapes like the bell below).




No comments:

Post a Comment