Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chinese Flower Knot using Clover Flower Knot Template



A few years ago, I bought a Flower Knot Template by Clover for making, you guessed it, flower knots! The flower knot is a symbol of longevity, so I decided to make a few for our Chinese New Year tree with red nylon cording. I found some gold stickers with the Chinese character for prosperity which I stuck to the knot, so "live long and prosper"! I've obviously watched too many episodes of The Big Bang Theory, who would have thought I could combine the Vulcan Salute with craft?!



The template is easy to use...that is, if you read the instructions properly (I foolishly thought I would wing it so I attempted the knot three times before I got it right!). You need 65cm of cording for each knot, and the template has arrows and numbers to guide you through the steps but you need to refer to the diagram for a couple of steps.Once you get the hang of it, you can churn out a knot within minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment