Sunday, March 24, 2013

New York City Style Exhibition ~ Sex and the City



Another free exhibition, the New York City Style Exhibition at Chadstone The Fashion Capital features the costumes from the Sex and the City television series and films. Curated by Patricia Fields, Academy Award nominated and Emmy Award winning costume designer, the exhibition features the clothes worn by the main characters. I'm not a fan of the series ~ I watched episodes here and there, and sat through the films (the second being one of the worse I've ever endured but I was on a plane from Tokyo to Hong Kong and there were not many options). One thing I liked about the series were the clothes and shoes so I was super pleased to see this display.

Carrie Bradshaw's Versace Mille Feuille gown from An American Girl in Paris: Part Une" in 2004.
Bridesmaid dresses by Zac Posen from 2008 film
Samantha Jones
Miranda Hobbes

Carrie Bradshaw
Charlotte York Goldenblatt


It's all about the shoes: Jimmy Choo, Manola Blahnik (Something Blue Satin Hangisi) and Christian Louboutin

No comments:

Post a Comment