Monday, May 27, 2013

Delia Smith's Old Fashioned Cherry Cake



May has been a busy cookbook buying month, so Mum picked the first recipe she would like to try. She made Delia Smith's Old Fashioned Cherry Cake early last week, and it was an unfortunate flop! Mum blamed everything from the recipe, ingredients, KitchenAid, oven ... but I deduced that it was probably using the wrong attachment on the mixer. When creaming butter and sugar for cakes, the wire whisk attachment should always be used, not the flat paddle! To prove my point, I made this cake on Saturday and it turned out beautifully! I know, it's ungracious to gloat...


I've always loved cherries (you will note my cross stitched table runner) ~ fresh and glace, and when I was a child "helping" Mum cut up cherries to decorate biscuits, I probably ate half of what I was cutting! I have more restraint these days as it is much more satisfying to eat the cake with chunks of juicy cherries! YUM!




No comments:

Post a Comment