Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Lemon Tree Project

Meet my new Lisbon lemon tree! One of the members of my film group told us about The Lemon Tree Project, so we headed to City Square to adopt a lemon tree last weekend.



The tree is suppose to be planted in a communal area, and the fruit shared with the community. It's a great initiative, but I just checked my council website and there are strict rules in relation to plantings on public land (not so "public" after all) and fruit trees are definitely not allowed on nature strips. How about I plant my tree in a big pot, and I share the lemons with friends? That's close enough to the specification right? I'm being rather optimistic about my fruit growing skills so fingers crossed!

Taking about things nature, check out the pair of Rainbow Lorikeets that came for a meal recently. After they devoured the seeds, one of them flew near the kitchen window where Mum was, and chirped ~ probably to tell her to buy more seeds!



2 comments:

  1. Lovely pics!! Typical about Council's though with strict rules. I used to work for a Council!! It's nice seeing birdlife cruise around the yard. lol.
    Cheers,Anita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita - Many thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. PS - I like your owl mobile :)

      Delete