Sunday, February 9, 2014

Red Vespa Scooter Cross Stitch

I was in the mood to complete a mono colour cross stitch during the Australia Day long weekend, so I selected the scooter pattern from Vert: Motifs de broderie traditionnelle et au point de croix.  I know it's not vert, but when I picture a Vespa, it's rouge!  I used my favourite DMC 666 on 14 count Aida cloth, and it took about four hours to complete.

 photo Picture012_zpsf4c755b7.jpg

Agnes Delage-Calvet and Anne Sohier-Fournel are my favourite cross stitch designers, and I have several of their books in English, French and Japanese.  If only I wasn't so time poor because I would love to stitch all the patterns!

 photo Picture010_zps91eeb207.jpg

This is my second project off my New Year Craft Resolution list (making at least two mono colour cross stitch pieces) so I'm traveling well!

2 comments:

  1. Love the Red Scooter, I agree cross stitcher's need lots of time in the day.

    Happy stitching.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your New Year Craft Resolutions are challenging but achievable. I love your crosstitch, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete