Monday, February 16, 2015

Hunky Dory Baby Patchwork Quilt

It's been ages since I updated my blog so a belated happy 2015 to you!  I've been busy with lots of things ~ super busy with work before Christmas, then we travelled to Taiwan and Singapore for a couple of weeks, and work has continued to be busy in the new year, but all is good!

Remember I made this Bride and Groom cross stitch for K and M in September 2012?  Well, Baby B arrived on Valentine's Day! Mazel Tov!


I started this patchwork quilt in December with an strict completion date by the end of January.  I bought Moda's Hunky Dory charm pack a little while ago, and since I don't like cutting fabric, I found a set of cream Bella Solids from Etsy.  I had a vague sense of the pattern...well not really but I thought triangles would be a good start so I completed half square triangles before Christmas.


What to do with 42 lots of half square triangles? How about putting them together to make even bigger triangles? So that's what I did, but then couldn't decide how to arrange them...


After seeking Mum's opinion, we decided on the following which is like the flying geese pattern.  The backing fabric is a cute rabbit garden print with a green background which I thankfully had the foresight to buy 2 metres of a couple of years ago (the joys of having a well stocked fabric stash!), and I machine quilted in the ditch.


The quilt measures 73cm x 123cm and I hope it will keep Baby B warm during the coming months (since we're not having much a Summer this year!).

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    What an adorable quilt, charm squares are so useful for projects like this. Hope the new bub is going well.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete