Monday, August 8, 2016

Stork Cross Stitch


My colleague S and his wife recently had a baby boy named Samuel so I cross stitched this stork for the card. S held it upside down and thought it was a crab...ahh, not sure how crustaceans are baby related! Okay, S is a new dad so I excused him for being a little fuzzy due to sleep deprivation. The pattern is from a Japanese pattern book of 1500 motifs (see this post for details), and I couldn't figure out what was in the bundle so I replaced it with a red heart.


I also knitted Samuel a basket weave beanie using Shepherd's 4 ply baby merino wool. The yarn was very smooth and soft, and a little slippery to work with so I had to pull tightly with each stitch. S, who impressed me by knowing his "knit and purls" commented on the evenness of the stitches.

Welcome to the world Samuel!

No comments:

Post a Comment