Thursday, March 23, 2017

Ballerina Princess Quilt for Baby S

Remember my best friends C and D who live in Singapore? Back in September 2016, I received wonderful news from them ~ the arrival of a baby girl!  Baby S was a delightful surprise and I was super excited and overjoyed by the news.


I had a set of five ballerina quilters quarters I bought years ago from Lincraft, and added a pink floral fabric to sew together into strips.


I tried free motion quilting for the first time and I can't believe I waited so long to tackle it!  It's not as intimidating as it appears ~ I traced the design using a squiggle quilting template and off I sewed!  I didn't sew as fast as the ladies on YouTube videos, but I sew like I drive...slow and overly cautious!


I had a piece of Disney princess fabric from my fabric stash which was the perfect size for the quilt backing.  The quilt is finished off with a pink ribbon bow sewed in each corner.


I met Baby S when I traveled to Singapore in November to personally deliver the quilt. I adore Baby S even though she frowned at me when I held her for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment