Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Granny Stripe Flowers Crochet Blanket

I started this granny stripe blanket when I finished Baby JT's crochet blanket back in October last year.  I didn't need to buy more yarn because I already have a big stash, but I couldn't resist the colours of Lincraft's Esther range and at A$2 per ball, it's a super bargain (and you know I love a bargain!).  


I've never worked with polyester yarn before, and I initially found it coarse (but this was straight after working with a delicate baby yarn), but it does create a warm and sturdy blanket.  I used a 4.5mm crochet hook because the yarn felt thicker than an 8 ply yarn.


Much to my chagrin, I'm still unable to chain correctly even though this was my 13th crochet blanket! Rather than chaining 150 stitches of various tensions, I joined granny squares together instead. Being Chinese, I had to have 8 colours so I added "beige" but it looks more grey to me.


Each end of the blanket consists of 8 granny squares joined together using this great method by Bella Coco and I followed Happy Berry Crochet for the flowers. Each stripe of colour consists of 6 rows separated by 2 rows of white yarn. I finished this blanket towards the end of May, and will wait for warmer weather so I can wash and reshape it.



No comments:

Post a Comment