Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pineapple Cross Stitch

I read somewhere that watermelons are the new pineapples, so I feel really rather dejected because I haven't been keeping up with what's fashionable.  I'm sure you're sick of my mono coloured cross stitches ~ I just like stitching and hate changing colours, so DMC variation threads have allowed me uninterrupted stitching and made this piece more colourful.


The pattern is from a French cross stitch book called Vert: Motifs de broderie traditionnelle et au point de croix and I used  90 (yellow) and 94 (green).  I made this for my Dad's birthday ~ for the Chinese, pineapples ("wong-lai" which means "luck will arrive") symbolises wealth and good fortune, and it is often present during celebrations.  The cross stitch is mounted on Cristina Re's embossed window card.  Wishing you a very happy birthday Dad and good fortunate!

No comments:

Post a Comment