Friday, February 21, 2014

Red House Cross Stitch

Look what I've been up to! I've finished another project from the New Year Craft Resolution list so that's 4 finished projects!  In all honesty, the finished projects were close to completion, but having the list has made me more focused and motivated. 

 photo Picture027_zps4973173c.jpg

Since we've had unbearably hot weather (with temperatures reaching up to 45*C), the most low impact craft activity I can do is cross stitch.  This pattern is from Rico Designs' Woodland Walks (see my other project here) and I've crossed stitched it on a aida panel tea towel (I bought 6 of these tea towels last year ...only 4 to go!).

Not that I have anything against deciduous trees, but the left tree in the pattern looked a little scrawny so I stitched a full evergreen tree to signify abundance instead (ok I'm a little superstitious even for a tea towel design).  The house reminds me of a McMansion near by with bright red bricks which I had dubbed "The Lego House" when I was a kid ... come to think of it, I still refer to it by this name!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    What a lovely finish, being 45c you need all the shade you can get. Great to see you keeping up with the resolution's.
    Thanks for the comment on my blog, I can't reply as you are set as "no reply."

    Have a lovely weekend.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete