Monday, May 21, 2012

Gasworks Farmers Market

Despite the cold and windy conditions, I went for a 15km walk with a Meet Up group on Saturday. We started the walk at Beacon Cove in Port Melbourne, and ventured to the Farmers Market at Gasworks Arts Park which operates on the third Saturday of each month.

Farmers Market, Gaswork Arts Park
Man, Dog, Boat by Henry Smith






I would have loved to have bought some of the fresh produce on offer, but I couldn't image carrying it with me for 15km (humm, weight training perhaps?). I did savour a gourmet hotdog and bought a bag of chestnuts since I'm incapable of not buying anything.

Albert Park Lake
Fresh is best!


The sun decided to take a peak when we reached Albert Park Lake and I noticed a swan that hadn't been tagged. Oohh, rebel!


James, our group leader had organised a discount at Chocolateria San Churros at Acland Street, St Kilda so we all enjoyed a chocolate treat. The churros with milk chocolate was heavenly and I need the energy to walk back to Port Melbourne!

Churros from Chocolateria San Churros
Birds at Port Melbourne - such symmetry!

No comments:

Post a Comment