- 500g diced pork Scotch fillet
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground chili (we used chili flakes instead)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 carrots cut into chunks
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup water (we found that 1/2 water was not enough and ended up using 1 cup of stock)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch parsley leaves chopped
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves chopped
- Lemon juice
2. Bring slowly to a simmer and reduce the heat to low, cover and cook gently for 1.5 hours. Add cherry tomatoes, parsley and mint and continue to cook uncovered for 5 minute. Sprinkle with half a lemon juice.
This is the perfect comfort food - the meat was tender, the carrots and tomatoes sweet and juicy, the chickpeas were mushy (well I like it mushy), the mint and parsley added a burst of freshness and the lemon's tanginess complete the dish.