Saturday, June 11, 2011

Ribbon Notches for Wooden Hangers


I like to keep my suit skirts and jackets on the same wooden hanger; not only does it save space, but most importantly, it ensures I grab the matching skirt and jacket when I'm still half asleep in the morning.
I prefer wooden hangers for my suits, but IKEA no longer stocks the hangers with the notches (to hang the skirt/pants by the side straps), so instead of using a hand saw to cut the notches myself (not even going to consider that), I decided to make ribbon notches.

I wrapped a piece of ribbon 4cm from the end of the hanger using ribbon lined with double sided tape for a neat and smooth finish.


I then sticked 2 square foam pieces on top of the ribbon (I used double sided foam pieces), and to finish off, taped a ribbon bow on top. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment